Monday, August 31, 2009

Brace Up

Today I took my 8-year-old son to get braces.  After waking up at 5:30 a.m. and spending two hours trying to erase the "thought loop" running in circles around my brain that questioned whether I was doing the right thing by subjecting my poor baby to the horrors of the evil, sadistic orthodontist, I finally fell back to sleep for  10 minutes before the alarm jarred me back to reality.  Jack was nervous -NOT NEARLY AS NERVOUS AS HIS MOM - but put on an incredibly brave game face.  Two hours later, we walked out of the sweet, gentle orth's office with smiles on both our faces (albeit one a little more silver-y than the other).  I swear, the "what ifs" of life will kill you!  Jack's doing great and actually thinks he looks BETTER with his braces.  Just one of the joys of being a boy. 
Meanwhile, KiddyDittys continues in rotation on Rummi Radio and I continue my quest to find bigger and better venues for my hubby's amazing music. 
He did come up with a great name for his back-up band -  John Jeffrey Hodges and the Big Boyzz.  My girlfriend Kate has agreed to design the logo - so all we need is a date and we're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment